It’s another brief playlist this New Music Friday as Q4 chugs along towards its final days. On the plus side, our EOY lists are in the making and should be up in a week or two, so that should be interesting – right? Hello?
In any case, until that disastrously divisive time comes around, let’s get into the highs, the lows, and the “oh”s of this week:
- Charli XCX looks set to perform a hard reset on 2017 and end it as a solid 8/10 with the release of her
surprisesurprising new mixtape Pop 2. ‘Out of My Head’ is the first and probably last teaser off the project (it’s out next week), and features Tove Lo and ALMA. Obviously, it’s very good.
- Kailee Morgue’s ‘Discovery’ is a bracingly honest track about new love that somehow simultaneously manages to be a whispered confession as well as a grand declaration. The little pause and exhalation before the first chorus is a particularly magical moment.
- POWERS channel some very convincing “get in loser, we’re going shopping” vibes on their latest single ‘Georgie’, and it makes for a deliciously blasé post-break-up jam about learning to get right back on that horse and cracking the reins.
- Bronze Avery’s sophomore single ‘Pressure’ was technically released last week, but we missed it and any song that makes such excellent use of bells deserves its time in the spotlight, so HERE WE ARE.
REALLY JUST OKAY
- There are some new and mildly baffling ‘Consideration’ remixes on Spotify as of today – which ordinarily wouldn’t have warranted this much attention from us if they hadn’t served as a painful reminder of the Rihanna x SZA music video that could have been (AND STILL COULD, JUST FYI).
BARRED FROM THE PARTY
- In what must surely be an early Christmas miracle, there were no musical mishaps to sort through today! Here’s a banger from The Saturdays instead.
And that’s that! You can follow the highly enjoyable playlist featured above by clicking right here, and make sure to check back next week to see what new tracks make it on.